Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Postcard Tree


I adore postcards! I love to send them, I love to receive them, and I love to buy them just to keep. When I travel, I frequently buy postcards of interior spaces where photos are prohibited. The postcard is always a better picture than I could take anyway. I can't bear to throw away postcards that I get from friends and family which means I have quite a few tucked away in drawers. What to do with all these mementos? Decorate the Christmas tree with them, of course! My big tree in the living room is full of beautiful cards from national parks, trips to New Hampshire, Las Vegas, Hawaii, South Carolina, and Disneyworld. I've hung cards from Vienna, Mexico, British Columbia, Thailand, France, Spain, and Lithuania. If you've sent me a postcard in the last few years....it's hanging on my tree!

There's always room for one more, tho....so don't forget me when you travel in 2010. Your postcard could end up on next year's tree!
What do you do with your old postcards??

2 comments:

Jientje said...

What a wonderful idea, I would never have thought of that!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I love that! Tara sends my kids postcards from every trip she's taken around the world ... maybe that's how we should decorate our kids' tree this year.

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin