Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Final Obsession


What do strings of iridescent beads, tiny white lights, silk poinsettias, and Versailles have in common? They are all decorations on the small, artificial Christmas tree in my bedroom. Versailles is represented by postcards that I purchased there during my 2007 visit. See, I told you I was obsessed with cards this Christmas! Versailles took my breath away; it was over-the-top luxurious, opulent and beautiful. While I took many interior photos of the Palace, the postcards show it off the best.

Okay, I promise...no more Christmas decorations! But, I do want to share with you that I really was at Versailles. I took this photo of myself in one of the mirrors in the famous Hall of Mirrors. Last year I visited with a woman who is a huge traveller. She always takes a photo of her own feet at her travel destination to prove that yes, she really was there! Do you take photos of yourself when you travel?

No comments:

You might also like: Blog Widget by LinkWithin